Skyhound Forums

Full Version: iTelescope Data Update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,

I have been working hard on getting complete data for all of the iTelescopes. The difficulty has been in obtaining data for all of the filters. The Astrodon OIII 5nm filter is commonly used and there is not yet any data available for it. I am waiting to hear from the new owners of Astrodon, once they scan the filter. In the meantime I have constructed a facsimile of this filter by stretching the 3nm filter to 5nm. This should be very close to the actual filter data.

I have also had to construct the HeII and SIII filters for T17 because I have yet to find any data for them. They are apparently custom filters.

T17 also has a spectroscopic grating installed, labeled "Custom." I have created a filter to represent the grating that attenuates the signal by 5 magnitudes, which when selected will approximate the SNR in the stellar continuum.

Changes have been made to reflect the new T09 system.

I am told that T27 has been decommissioned, so this telescope has not been updated. Feel free to delete it from your Imaging Systems.

The new data will be made available later today. I will post a notice here once it is ready. In the meantime, be sure to update SkyTools Imaging to version 4.0b, as it has fixes that are important to the iTelescope update.
I have released the update. All of your iTelescopes should now match the current actual configurations. Please review each system before you use it. In some cases, some of the filters may be missing. The system most affected seems to be T03. If it has no filters listed for it, please add one of the following filters: Color, Clear, or "No filter."

It is very important that you review your Imaging Projects that are in progress. Because some of the filters have been changed, most notably the OIII filters on many systems, these filters may have been removed from the filter list for your Imaging Project. If this has happened, add the appropriate filter to replace it (most commonly the Astrodon OIII 5mn) .

This update will bring everything up to date with each of the systems, and I am working with iTelescope.net to keep up as changes are made in the future.

I appreciate your patience and understanding.
Hi Greg,

Thanks so much for all your work on this!

Much appreciated.

Ed