Skyhound Forums

Full Version: ST4i v4.0d Missing DLL Message on Startup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I launch ST4i, I get the following message: "The program can't start because VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

After accepting this message, the program does startup and appears to function properly. 

About a month ago, I reinstalled the application. No change. After installing the ST 4.0d update, I still have this issue but I get two of these pop-ups before I can use the application. 

I am running Window 7 Home Premium.

Is there any way to resolve this startup issue?

Regards,

Andrew
Hello,

This file is apparently included in the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable and is often placed on a computer when you install software that requires it. The weird thing is that I am unaware of any requirement in ST4 to access this DLL, so I don't distribute it with the installer. This fact begs the question that if this DLL is in fact somehow required, then why has nobody else encountered this problem? The only thing I can come up with is that it has something to do with running Windows 7, which is somewhat unusual these days given how out of date it is.

I will look into this further, but in the meantime, I suggest installing the redistributable. Here is the link:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download...x?id=52685

Clear skies,
Greg
Thanks Greg! You are quick.

I will try the redistributable version as you suggest after work. I will also pursue upgrading to Windows 10. I had "reasons" beyond a hatred of Windows 10, but those have mostly dropped by the wayside.

Regards,

Andrew
Greg, I tried this over lunch. Installing the redistributable VC solved my issue. Windows 10 upgrade delayed!

Thanks!

Andrew
I'm glad the fix was easy!