Skyhound Forums

Full Version: Unable to schedule message
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi,

I selected a target from the listing which I restricted quite a bit. I created a new imaging project and set my parameters so all is good there.

But when I go to the scheduler, I get the "unable to schedule" message. I checked the graphs at the top  of ST4 and the blue line is nice and high and it's dark, and it's before the moon comes up. I did this with a number of targets that have similar graphs but I always get the same message from the scheduler. I finally just looked at the graph and booked the reservation myself but I'm wondering why this message keep coming up.
Hi,

Check your minimum quality (IQ) setting for your project. There may not be a high enough quality available for that night (often due to your weather settings). You can right-click on the minimum IQ for the project and set it to something lower, such as "B". That may resolve the problem.
Hi Greg,

I'm seeing the same thing with some projects that ST4 says "Unable to Schedule" and I can't figure out why.

If the message could be enhanced with information about why ST4 is unable to schedule, that would be immensely helpful, such as "Unable to schedule - Minimum Quality (IQ) not achieved" or "Unable to schedule - Moon too close" etc.

Thanks,
Rowland
(2019-08-24, 09:01 PM)Rowland Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Greg,

I'm seeing the same thing with some projects that ST4 says "Unable to Schedule" and I can't figure out why.

If the message could be enhanced with information about why ST4 is unable to schedule, that would be immensely helpful, such as "Unable to schedule - Minimum Quality (IQ) not achieved"  or "Unable to schedule - Moon too close" etc.

Thanks,
Rowland

That's a good suggestion, and I will look at implementing it, but there are so many variables, particularly when it com,es to an imaging system that is not set up correctly, that it may be impossible. I mean, "You don't have enough aperture" or "You camera isn't sensitive enough" or "You have your lat/lon reversed for your location" are difficult things to even pin down as the issue. Assuming everything is set up properly, in practice, it's almost always Min. IQ.

Check your imaging system settings carefully. Check the exposure preview on your imaging project. Open the Exposure Calculator by right-clicking on the project in the Scheduler. These are really the only practical ways to discover what might be causing the problem, assuming its not simply the Min. IQ. And if it is the Min. IQ, ensure your weather selections are set properly. In the end, it may simply be telling you to wait for a better night. That's kinda the whole point. :-)
Thanks Greg.  I think even if the program just gave one of the reasons why it was unable to schedule, assuming that's possible, it would point us in a good direction to start.

The Exposure Calculator show great conditions, that's what's confusing to me.  Here's an example for NGC 6188, which Scheduler says it's unable to schedule but Exposure Calculator is showing "A" class exposure opportunities.

[attachment=362]
Rowland,

You have to pay close attention to your weather settings. The example you sent shows 60% humidity for the Scheduler, but you have Auto weather selected for the Calculator. The exact numbers are cut off at the bottom, but I wouldn't be surprised if the humidity is lower on the Calculator.
Rowland,

Looking at it more closely, there is something very wrong on your Scheduler capture. The blue line never rises above zero! That should be an indication that it cannot be observed at all on this night. But looking closer still, I see the blue line across the bottom, but it stops after midnight. It should always go all the way across to noon the next day. This suggests some sort of data corruption. You have reported similar problems before. I suspect it has to do with your being a beta tester. Close SkyTools and try deleting the following files:

Find your "SkyTools 4" folder in Documents. Navigate to the Scheduler sub folder. Delete the file called "schedule.bin"
Hi Greg,

I closed ST4, deleted schedule.bin, and restarted. Same results as before.
I have wondered if I'm carrying some data corruption because of things like that happening.
If we had a way to back up my data I would try deleting everything and doing a fresh installation. I have so many projects going it would be a bit painful to just start from scratch so I've been just living with the quirks.

Thanks,
Rowland
Do your other projects show a proper blue line on the Scheduler when selected, or is it just that one?
Out of my list of targets on that Scheduler page, three show the proper blue line, two don't.

Thanks,
Rowland
Pages: 1 2 3