Skyhound Forums
"ComboBox3" in the Add Observation dialog - Printable Version

+- Skyhound Forums (https://skyhound.com/forums)
+-- Forum: SkyTools Support (https://skyhound.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: SkyTools 4 Support (https://skyhound.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+--- Thread: "ComboBox3" in the Add Observation dialog (/showthread.php?tid=556)

"ComboBox3" in the Add Observation dialog - razvan - 2019-07-02

The top right combo box has that label (I presume it's the default label since it's the third combobox in that dialog) and its purpose is not clear. There's no value displayed when I click on it (is it intended for the telescope, perhaps?).

[attachment=318]

Thanks.

RE: "ComboBox3" in the Add Observation dialog - theskyhound - 2019-07-02

Hello,

That is normally the list of filters available for the imaging system. What kind of imaging system is this? E.g. is it a fixed camera or something like that? Does it have filters?

RE: "ComboBox3" in the Add Observation dialog - razvan - 2019-07-02

(2019-07-02, 05:20 PM)theskyhound Wrote: That is normally the list of filters available for the imaging system. What kind of imaging system is this? E.g. is it a fixed camera or something like that? Does it have filters?

Hi Greg,

It's the setup I use for EAA, it's a camera connected at prime focus. I don't have any filters configured yet (I have Lumicon filters and asked them to send the characteristics in numerical data so I can enter them in ST since they are not there by default). The only filter assigned to the scope is the default "color" one.

[attachment=319]

RE: "ComboBox3" in the Add Observation dialog - theskyhound - 2019-07-02

Hello,

It sounds like it should work the way you have it set up, but looking at the screen capture, I see a big red flag: there appear to be empty (blank) imaging systems in your Imaging System list. This is a sign that your imaging system database is corrupted. This is likely the root of your problem. When something is that broken, various problems are bound to appear.

We need to start over with your imaging systems. Here is what I suggest:

1. Ensure that you are running the latest version 4.0d.
2. Select your imaging system and save it via the Save button to an stx file.
3. Close ST4
4. Find your "SkyTools 4" folder in Documents and delete the following files:
ddsi.bin
"imaging systems" folder
5. Run the installer (SkyTools4Setup.exe). This will regenerate the missing files.
6. Start ST4 and open the Imaging Systems
7. Press Open and find the .stx file you created in step 2. Read it in.

For the time being, resist the temptation to delete the default imaging systems and go ahead and close the dialog. Do some testing to see if your imaging system is now fully functional.

RE: "ComboBox3" in the Add Observation dialog - razvan - 2019-07-02

Sorry for the confusion, but there's a more benign explanation for those two empty lines. I blanked them out after taking the screen capture because they have really funny names and didn't want them posted for posterity :-)

So all is good with the files. I can continue debugging in 2 days as I'm going to be travelling the entire day tomorrow.

Clear skies!