Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Optolong Filters
I just upgraded to SkyTools 4 and in the process of setting up my equipment. I noticed that Optolong filters have not been included and it is asking for a data file to create new filters. Can someone advise how I can get the data files for Optolong LRGB, Ha, OIII and SII filters? If data files do not already exist how do you create them? All I have to go off of is the wavelength graph on the Optolong web site. Given the scale of the graph I would think it would be fairly difficult to create accurate files manually. Is there a better way?

Thanks for the info.

Andrew J
I am in the same situation. I have a light pollution filter I want to add but the only information that I have is the wavelength graph.
Thanks,
Carl
Yeah I use am Astronomik CLS CCD filter for L on monochrome and for OSC. Would love to see that data added.
Hi,

It is time consuming to enter these filters, so I schedule a day every few weeks to enter new ones. New filters should be released in the next week or two. In the meantime, the Help page for the Filter dialog explains how to create a filter based on data from a graph.

Carl - I need to know the exact filter if you want me to enter it.
Clear skies,
Greg
Head Dude at Skyhound