Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SkyTools 4 Imaging or Visual?
Hello,

I am a SkyTools 3 Standard user for several years now. I plan to upgrade to 4 but I am a visual only observer, no imaging. However, I also use a Celestron AVX mount for its GoTo in my light polluted observing environment. I am interested in using SkyTools 4 to control the mount. Will the visual version have this capability or will I need to purchase the imaging version?

Any guidance will be most appreciated!

Thanks!

CB
Hello,

SkyTools 4 Visual is the same as SkyTools 3 in that Real Time is necessary to connect to a telescope. This is an add-on for the standard Edition, and included with the Pro edition. With Real Time I don't think you will have any problems running your mount with SkyTools 4 Visual.
Clear skies,
Greg

SkyTools Developer
(2019-12-24, 05:04 PM)theskyhound Wrote: Hello,

SkyTools 4 Visual is the same as SkyTools 3 in that Real Time is necessary to connect to a telescope. This is an add-on for the standard Edition, and included with the Pro edition. With Real Time I don't think you will have any problems running your mount with SkyTools 4 Visual.

Hi Greg! Thank you so very much for the fast response! From your answer, it appears that SkyTools 4 Visual will be what I need. However, you will have to give me some guidance concerning "Real Time". Is this an add on that I should get from you guys, or is this a third party add on that I should find somewhere else?

Regards!

CB
SkyTools Visual Editions:

Standard
Standard + Real Time
Professional

There will naturally be more information at the time of release, so please be patient.
Clear skies,
Greg

SkyTools Developer