Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iOptron CEM120
I recently changed from a Celestron fork mount to a iOptron CEM120.  I align the CEM120 then I open Skytools. I successfully connect to the CEM120. When I slew to a target i find that the slew is not accurate. Using the CEM120 hand control, slewing to the same object is very accurate. Anyone have this issue.
(2020-01-02, 01:19 AM)Menardre Wrote: I recently changed from a Celestron fork mount to a iOptron CEM120.  I align the CEM120 then I open Skytools. I successfully connect to the CEM120. When I slew to a target i find that the slew is not accurate. Using the CEM120 hand control, slewing to the same object is very accurate. Anyone have this issue.

I solved my own problem. I spent some time doing a decent polar alignment, then performed a 'sync on', and then set Zero Position. I believe that the original problem was due to inaccurate zero position.
Roger
Hi Roger,

I am glad to hear that you resolved your problem. I somehow missed your original message. Please accept my apologies for that. I do try to respond to every message as quickly as possible.
Clear skies,
Greg

SkyTools Developer