Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extra Orange line in Exposure Calculator
I was using ST4i 4.0e recently & noticed that the Exposure Calculator displays an extra Orange Line for Moon observations.    

The extra line is nearly horizontal at ~45°. I don't recall seeing this line before. I don't think it should be there. 

It also occurs in various places on the Night Bar of the ST4i beta program for several dates at the end of 2019 too (27-31 Dec 2019). The issue appears to go away for 2 Jan 2020.

Phil S.
Thanks Phil. Your screenshot perfectly capture the problem, so it should not be difficult to fix.
Clear skies,
Greg

SkyTools Developer
Hi Greg,

I was having additional issues with ST4i 4.0e (a white screen when switching from the IA to OHS or NE views). I did a reset to defaults and both the issue with the Orange line and the white screen went away. Something must have gotten corrupted that the reset fixed.

I almost deleted all the Numbered MPs too, but decided to try the reset first. Glad that I did. I'll be glad when the 'Backup/Restore' function is implemented.

Sorry for the false alarm.

Phil S.
While the 'reset to defaults' appears to have fixed the ST4i 4.0e program, the ST4i beta program still displays the extra orange line. The position of the line is date dependent. The issue occurs between 27 Dec 2019 and 1 Jan 2020 in the Night Bar of the Target Selection tab. The orange line also occurs for some of the planets such as Venus & Jupiter. 

Phil S.