Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Restore from ST3
Hey Greg

I haven't been able to get out to observe for a while.   I have lots of old ST3 backups but ST4 isn't seeing them when I open up the restore menu.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks
Mike
There are too many differences in the databases for SkyTools 4 to be compatible with SkyTools 3 backups. To import your SkyTools 3 data, see the help section entitled, Transferring your SkyTools 3 Data, found in in SkyTools 4 Visual. There is no similar functionality for SkyTools 4 Imaging because it works so differently that there is little to import. The one exception is locations. These are shared between Imaging and Visual, so if you import them for ST3 in Visual, they will also be imported into Imaging.
Clear skies,
Greg

SkyTools Developer

What is support? Anything you run into that does not seem to be working right. Please use the appropriate support forum for that. It is vitally important to include the following information in your post: SkyTools product, edition, and version. E.g. SkyTools 4 Visual Standard Edition V4.0g. It is also important to be specific about the tool you are reporting on: E.g. Nightly Planner, Scheduler, and if Visual Real Time, be sure to include if you are using Best Now or SkyTour. Including this information right away means that I won't have to ask for it, which just takes longer. Please do not seek support in more than one place.
Thanks Greg. I thought I remember seeing something like that on transferring from ST3 to ST4. I appreciate the knock on the brain! haha.