Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
show sun spots from soho
In your demo you quickly show how from the interactive map one can search for SUN and then press OK.  Then a view of the sun with sunspots is shown.  When I try it a little progress bar is quickly shown and goes to 100% then goes away.  But no image of the sun spots in produced.  I have skytools 3.2k DL Pro.  Any ideas what else I need to do?

Dale Eason
Hi Dale,

Sorry about the problems with the Yahoogroup! Thank you for taking your post here instead. The sun image is displayed on the charts. So to see it you need to target the Sun and then zoom in close enough that the full disk is visible. Some charts, such as the Overhead Sky or Naked Eye charts are good for this because they don't zoom in closely enough.

A good place to see the sun is the Interactive Atlas, since it can be zoomed in arbitrarily. So open the atlas and set the sun as the target (upper left). Ensure that the display of the sun is turned on in the View Controls. Click the zoom buttons until the Sun appears.
Clear skies,
Greg

SkyTools Developer
(2018-04-23, 03:29 PM)theskyhound Wrote: Hi Dale,

Sorry about the problems with the Yahoogroup! Thank you for taking your post here instead. The sun image is displayed on the charts. So to see it you need to target the Sun and then zoom in close enough that the full disk is visible. Some charts, such as the Overhead Sky or Naked Eye charts are good for this because they don't zoom in closely enough.

A good place to see the sun is the Interactive Atlas, since it can be zoomed in arbitrarily. So open the atlas and set the sun as the target (upper left).  Ensure that the display of the sun is turned on in the View Controls.  Click the zoom buttons until the Sun appears.

Well, Duh.  That was too simple.  Thank you.  I will be using your program at TSP this year with my 15 inch F5 and servo Cat argo navis.

Dale