Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iTelecope Data Load
PHi! Trying to load the iTelescope data to my SkyTools, following procedure on the website. It seems to work, I get a message to restart SkyTools, but the telescopes, locations, and camera info isn’t available.  I’m runnzing the latest 3.2 version. 

Wayne Hixson
When you say the info isn't available, what do you mean? Is it not appearing in the Add/Modify telescopes listing? Otherwise, remember that these telescopes don't have eyepieces assigned to them, so they will only show up in imaging mode.

If they really aren't there, then please try the Sync again. There will be a status message at the bottom of the Data Manager window. It should report succes or an error. Please let me know what it says.
Clear skies,
Greg

SkyTools Developer
(2018-06-08, 08:30 PM)theskyhound Wrote: When you say the info isn't available, what do you mean? Is it not appearing in the Add/Modify telescopes listing? Otherwise, remember that these telescopes don't have eyepieces assigned to them, so they will only show up in imaging mode.

If they really aren't there, then please try the Sync again. There will be a status message at the bottom of the Data Manager window. It should report succes or an error. Please let me know what it says.

Thanks Greg,

I’m out of the house today, I will try again tonight. Where should the iTelecope sites appear? I looked under Australia for the sample and couldn’t find the Siding Springs location
They will show up in the Add/Modify telescopes listing. The sites will appear on the Observing Sites dialog too.
Clear skies,
Greg

SkyTools Developer
(2018-06-09, 12:17 AM)theskyhound Wrote: They will show up in the  Add/Modify telescopes listing. The sites will appear on the Observing Sites dialog too.

Got it! I hadn't checked User Preferences box in the Merge Data part of the Data Sync form! Now have to go through all the tutorials again