Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to disable/reset/disassociate telescope control?
I enabled the ASCOM simulator on the Skytools 3 Real Time tab to see how digital setting circles might work, if I were to use them.  I now want to restore the settings back to no telescope control, but there doesn't seem to be a mechanism for doing that.  When I click the "Telescope Control/Select-Configure telescope" on the "Real Time" tab, I see a check mark next to "ASCOM Supported telescope" along with selections for "Argo Navis" and "Sky Commander", but "None" is not an option.  Is there a cfg or ini file or a registry entry I can edit to restore Skytools so that Telescope Controls show nothing checked?
Hi,

As far as I know, having one of these items checked makes no difference. Why do you want to uncheck it? What am I missing?
Clear skies,
Greg

SkyTools Developer
(2018-09-04, 11:55 PM)theskyhound Wrote: Hi,

As far as I know, having one of these items checked makes no difference. Why do you want to uncheck it? What am I missing?

I'm using an old netbook, and ever since I checked the ASCOM telescope control, the Real-Time tab runs really, really slow.  I'd like to restore the behaviour to the way it was.
Hi,

ASCOM Telescope control is only active if you connect to the telescope, and you have to connect each time you start SkyTools. What you have selected should have not effect at all until you connect. Not only that, but whether or not you are connected should make little difference.

I suspect that the real problem is that have a long observing list selected. It has to do a lot of calculations every time it refreshes the list, and the more objects there are, the longer it takes. There are various ways to make the list shorted. For instance, can use the Nightly Planner to make a list that is filtered down to just the objects that you want to observe that night, then copy the objects that are displayed to a new observing list. Then open the new list in Real Time.
Clear skies,
Greg

SkyTools Developer
Thanks, Greg. You are correct. I did have a long observing list selected. One I switched to something more reasonable, the performance improved.