Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SkyTools 4 Imaging High DPI Support?
All,

Have there been changes to the display system for SkyTools 4 Imaging compared to SkyTools 3 Pro? I am particularly interested in the use on 4K displays.

I have never been able to run SkyTools 3 Pro on my Windows 10 Pro laptop with 4K (3840 x 2160) display without usability problems. The main program runs fine but I have not found any combination of settings that allow the Interactive Atlas to work properly. I have tried all of the various combination of display scaling and compatibility mode DPI support options. In some modes, hte main program displays fine but the Interactive Atlas display is messed up. I other modes, the Interactive Atlas works perfectly but the main display has overlapping text as the font is too large to fits the lines of the display grid. The only option that seems to work properly for me is the reduce the Display to FHD (1920 x 1080) mode which negates the reasons I use the QHD (3840 x 2160) display.

Has SkyTools 4 Imaging beefed up support for High DPI / 4K monitors? That alone would be enough reason to upgrade. Either direct support or making font preferences available would be welcomed.

John
Hi John,

Yes, the graphics system has been completely updated. It is much nicer looking and uses an approach to drawing that will not likely cause problems. You can also drag the atlas around with the mouse.

To be clear, the problem was never really in SkyTools 3, and it was only tangentially replaced to high resolutions. The problem is a bug in some video drivers in the way the graphics are scaled for higher resolutions. There was nothing I could do about it. But in the end, I guess the result is the same, regardless of who was at fault. Problem solved either way.
Clear skies,
Greg

SkyTools Developer