Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
font size
I use red gel over my screen, and find that the font size is too small too read. I use the Windows Magnifier, but it's very clumsy. Is there a way to increase the size of the font in the observing list display? I'd happily see fewer rows and columns if I could read what's displayed there! Thanks - R
(2018-09-13, 07:24 AM)rchbrave Wrote: I use red gel over my screen, and find that the font size is too small too read. I use the Windows Magnifier, but it's very clumsy. Is there a way to increase the size of the font in the observing list display? I'd happily see fewer rows and columns if I could read what's displayed there! Thanks - R

Windows Control Panel -> Fonts -> Change Font Size, reboot. 

This mostly works ok on Win 7, but some of the ST menus run off the edge of the screen on my itsy laptop display. I don't know if that's a display issue with my hardware, or an interaction with SkyTools. I have some other programs that get cranky with increased font size via the method above. 

Rob
Hi,

Use the built-in Windows screen items scaling. Where this is found depends on the version of windows you are using, but it is with your display settings.
Clear skies,
Greg

SkyTools Developer
(2018-09-13, 02:11 PM)theskyhound Wrote: Hi,

Use the built-in Windows screen items scaling. Where this is found depends on the version of windows you are using, but it is with your display settings.

The custom scaling option, which you have to dig a bit for in Windows 7, helps. Thanks for the response.

Can I close the Night Bar? I've clicked around it but don't find a way to close it. Thanks - Richard
Sorry, but no, you can't close the NightBar. It's the most important part of the window. ;-)
Clear skies,
Greg

SkyTools Developer
(2018-09-13, 03:43 PM)theskyhound Wrote: Sorry, but no, you can't close the NightBar. It's the most important part of the window. ;-)

I appreciate its value when I'm planning, but when I'm deep into a list of objects that I've already selected and sorted, typically focusing on a specific constellation that's in the right part of the sky, it seems to waste valuable real estate. 

Any other way of viewing my list that wouldn't show it? Or, maybe for the next tweak? Thanks - Richard