Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Single Frame 33.8 deg from Target Warning Adding Observations
(2020-01-06, 11:41 AM)DavidS Wrote:
(2020-01-03, 08:56 PM)theskyhound Wrote: Hi,

Dumb question, but that's always the best place to start: Is there a Filter defined for this imaging system in SkyTools that is called "Blue?".

I have never seen the image type error before. That's perplexing. If you can, please email me the image at support at skyhound.com.

Thanks

That's never a dumb question as you have sparked my thinking.

Two things have come to mind.
1) In ST4 I call them "ZWO Blue" but in SGP they are called "Blue". Are these to be defined with the same names???
2) When I did a raw extract of the FITS header I actually get the FILTER as 'Blue    ' and IMAGETYP as 'LIGHT   '

Could this be the issue?

David

Hi David,

Interesting. They do need to match for it to recognize the filter in the header. You may be right on point 2... what I suggest is a test. Set your filter to "Blue" in ST4 and try again. If it doesn't math it, try the version with the spaces. Let me know how it goes. I may need to adjust the IMAGETYP code.
Clear skies,
Greg

SkyTools Developer
Hi Greg.

I have renamed the filters to all be "Blue" and they seem to match now so solved that.
Re the IMAGETYP they appear to have defaulted to Light anyway but as you can see they are throwing an error msg. If I was importing Flats would it default to Lights still - so seems to suggest a code fix is probably required there?

David S
(2020-01-08, 11:14 AM)DavidS Wrote: Hi Greg.

I have renamed the filters to all be "Blue" and they seem to match now so solved that.
Re the IMAGETYP they appear to have defaulted to Light anyway but as you can see they are throwing an error msg. If I was importing Flats would it default to Lights still - so seems to suggest a code fix is probably required there?

David S

I am glad to hear that resolved the filter issue. I will look into the code to figure out what is going on with the image type. It would really help if I had one of your images that I could test it out on. Otherwise I am likely to flail about tying to understand why it won't work for you when it works just fine of other images.

BTW I don't think this is more than a simple warning that can be safely ignored.
Clear skies,
Greg

SkyTools Developer
(2020-01-08, 06:00 PM)theskyhound Wrote:
(2020-01-08, 11:14 AM)DavidS Wrote: Hi Greg.

David S

I am glad to hear that resolved the filter issue. I will look into the code to figure out what is going on with the image type. It would really help if I had one of your images that I could test it out on. Otherwise I am likely to flail about tying to understand why it won't work for you when it works just fine of other images.

BTW I don't think this is more than a simple warning that can be safely ignored.
Of Course Greg - Pls find link to the relevant FIT file I have been using for this.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgiEDs8Z7DkwgYlfzbjG...w?e=JNdn9E

David
Awesome. Thanks!
Clear skies,
Greg

SkyTools Developer