Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DB Power Search and Constellation Filter
Hello,

The original problem had to do with galaxies. The constellations can be selected, but the resulting list is not being affected by the selection. I have reproduced this and there will be a fix in the next update.

Phil: as moving objects, comets and minor planets are supposed to require a date in order to apply the constellation filter. Internally, in order to do the calculations a location also needs to be specified. Because many imaging systems are tied to a fixed location, and the fact that selecting a date also enables other filters that are based on a selected imaging system, I made the decision to simplify things by forcing the selection of an imaging system in order to select a date and location. So in the case of asteroids and comets, I believe the constellation filter is working as intended.

I hope that properly addressed your question.

I will probably revisit this design decision in the future, allowing the selection of a night and location independent of an imaging system.
Clear skies,
Greg

SkyTools Developer

Messages In This Thread
RE: DB Power Search and Constellation Filter - by theskyhound - 2019-09-09, 04:48 PM