Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DB Power Search and Constellation Filter
Hi Greg

In terms of ST4 and the Minor Planet Database Search there is a condition where it can crash ST4 on my Desktop PC.

When I launch ST4 and run the Minor Planet Database Search once, ST4 is stable; it does not crash, it never has.

However, with the Minor Planet Database Search Panel still open from the previous Search, if I change e.g. the date, the search commences with the "Searching Database..." text displaying and then in less than 5 seconds ST4 just closes.

Unfortunately this shut-down behaviour is not consistent when changing one of the user selected input criteria, it happens perhaps 50% of the time. This has never happened on a clean launch of ST4 and 1st instance Search - only when the user input is changed from a previous Search, without closing the previous Search dialogue.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Dennis

PS - I have allocated some time this morning to test ST3 Pro (Minor Planet Database Search) on my Desktop PC and Notebook PC, as I have not experienced any problems or variations in behaviour with ST3 Pro between my Desktop PC and Notebook PC in the past. Once I have established that the Desktop PC and Notebook PC both play nicely with ST3 Pro, I will move on to further testing, but this time with ST4 on both PCs.

Messages In This Thread
RE: DB Power Search and Constellation Filter - by Dennis - 2019-09-10, 10:33 PM