Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IQ filter & the Q column in Target Selection
Hi Greg,

The value of the IQ filter under Night Filters (which is supposed to be better-or-equal than the value chosen in the drop down box) appears to be replicated in the Q column instead of the real value. 

• If I don't enable night filters, than the Q column contains the correct value (A, B, C, D or nothing), as expected
  • If I enable the filters and choose, say, C, than the list is shorter (as expected) but all the rows have 'C" in the Q column, no matter what they had before. See the attached "_c.png"
  • If I then choose B, than the list is even shorter (as expected) but all the rows have 'B" in the Q column. Even those who had C before.  See the attached "_b.png".
So it looks like when the filter is enabled, the filter value populates the Q column. I've converted the screen captures to B&W so they fit under the 500KB limit. 

Hi Razvan,

The operation of the IQ filter is set this way on purpose as described in a post from late last year (I believe). The IQ filter shows which objects meet or exceed the desired filter value & how long that occurs. It's intended to help choose a target that meets the desired IQ from all of the targets that do, even targets that are even better than the selected filter value. It's not a bug.

Phil S.

Hi Razvan,

See the Skyhound's description of this issue in his 15 Nov 2018 post announcing the version 4.0c release.

Phil S.
Thanks, Phil, I read that announcement (link for convenience for other readers). I understand the logic now. As Greg thought, this is potentially confusing because it's unexpected. I did read the help methodically in the past but this detail did not register. One way perhaps to aid it is to rename the column to something like Q* when night filtering is enabled and changing the tooltip text with something hinting about the change or pointing to the help.
Hello,

Thanks for the suggestions!
Clear skies,
Greg

SkyTools Developer