Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Data Power Search Tool : locations and constellations
Hello,
When I use the tool Power Data Search it seems that locations and constellations don't work correctly !
See my attach.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi,

There is a known problem with the constellation filter. There will be a fix in the next update. It's not clear to me what it is about locations that do not work correctly. Please elaborate.
Clear skies,
Greg

SkyTools Developer
(2019-08-07, 04:39 PM)theskyhound Wrote: Hi,

There is a known problem with the constellation filter. There will be a fix in the next update. It's not clear to me what it is about locations that do not work correctly. Please elaborate.
Hi Greg,

If I test the data power search with location in Chile or France I have the same galaxies for size >10 arc min !
See my attach file.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hello,

The size in arc minutes of a galaxy doesn't depend on the location. The selection of the location is used in conjunction with the date, and applies only to the Exposure Time limit filter immediately below.

From the help: "Knowing the imaging system, it is possible to limit the search results to objects that have an acceptable image scale. Knowing the location and date, it is possible to limit the search results to objects that have acceptably short total exposure times to reach the required SNR."
Clear skies,
Greg

SkyTools Developer
Hi Outters,

The workaround for the nonfunctional Constellation filter, is to sort the database results on the Constellation column and select the results for the constellation of interest.

You probably figured this out already, but in case you haven't, I hope this helps.

Why would you expect a search based on galaxy size to yield different results for Chile or France? Were you expecting to get a different set of galaxies for northern & southern hemispheres due to the differing altitudes of the objects?

Phil S.