Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
disable list refresh?
Is there a way to disable the real time list refresh?  Once I have my list up I usually don't need it refreshed, and since my computer is older the refresh interrupts my usual (logging etc.).  I already have it set to 5 minutes and I have to click "stop" whenever it's running so I can continue with my note taking etc.

Thanks!
Hello,

Unfortunately, it's not a good idea to disable it completely. For one thing, is intended to place the best objects to observe right now at the top, and it will not work correctly if it never refreshes. I mean, that's the whole point. The time it takes to refresh depends on the size of the list, so I recommend splitting a long list into shorter lists. One way to do that is to use the Nightly Planner to select only those objects that are best on a given night, and then copy just those to a list for use on that night. Load that list into Real Time.
Clear skies,
Greg

SkyTools Developer
I agree it's a good feature but it's not necessary (in the way, in fact) for how I observe most of the time. Splitting lists adds more upfront work... so if it's possible to disable that would be great
I can't in good conscience allow a critical feature to be turned off. It causes too many problems. Sorry. BTW I could split lists in the way I described in about a minute.
Clear skies,
Greg

SkyTools Developer