Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to submit projects to ACP Expert
I created an imaging project (Bernard's loop. Mosaic of 2*4) and it shows up in the ACP Expert tab. ACP Setup has been completed (both running on the same machine and it looks like it's able to login and fetching status works as well). 

But I can't seem to submit the project. Gives the error 

** Error ** No bbservations could be scheduled

Any idea why this is? This is going to ACP scheduler so the schedule of when to image will be controlled by Scheduler and ST4, as I understand it is only feeding in the targets? 

At some point one such submission worked, but I have no idea why that one succeeded and the others I am creating are failing. 

I have selected the current date, and Bernard's loop should be schedulable now (although, since ACP Scheduler can take targets many months in advance, this should not really be a limiting factor?)

Any feedback on how I can submit would be much appreciated. 

I am on version 4.0e

thx!
Manoj
Hello,

I had a look at the code and this error likely indicates that it was not able to calculate a reasonable number of exposures in order to reach your SNR goal, even under ideal conditions. When you created the exposure project and set up the Exposure Goals, it should have listed these same calculations in the table on the right for each filter. I suggest going back to the project and looking at that table to see what it says. Is it indicating very long exposures times needed to reach your exposure goal in one or more filters?

Be sure that the "Moon Sep >" value makes sense. This is the minimum separation between the object and the moon, and if too large, it may not be able to schedule. Another thing you could try is to right-click on the project in the ACP Expert tool and open the ACP report for clues, and try the Exposure Calculator as well. Look for anything that might make this observation impossible or very difficult in one or more filters.

If you don't see an obvious problem please send a screen capture showing the ACP Expert windows with your object selected and the ACP Report on top, but not blocking the values in the table. Also send a screen capture of the Exposure Goals tab of the imaging project.
Clear skies,
Greg

SkyTools Developer
(2019-11-17, 07:12 PM)theskyhound Wrote: Hi there, it's a mosaic and when I go to the imaging project, it shows the exposure for the three filters as 12.1hr, 12.1hr and 19.2hr. I am guessing this is for an individual tile in the mosaic. The mosaic is 4*2. Multiplying it out this should be 96.8hr, 96.8hr, 153.6hr.

This should still be possible for this target given that it is ok to image for a few months now. 

In the ACP tool, if I say ACP report, it does a projected plan. 

I have set the moon to be > 10* and it still fails. 

So not sure what is going on. 

I see the same behavior for sh2-185, which is a single tile project and should be very very possible to schedule. 

Also since with ACP, the scheduler does the scheduling and targets can be entered months in advance, even if it is currently not possible to observe, shouldn't it go ahead and enter it into the data base anyways?

Thanks!
Manoj

Hello,

I had a look at the code and this error likely indicates that it was not able to calculate a reasonable number of exposures in order to reach your SNR goal, even under ideal conditions. When you created the exposure project and set up the Exposure Goals, it should have listed these same calculations in the table on the right for each filter. I suggest going back to the project and looking at that table to see what it says. Is it indicating very long exposures times needed to reach your exposure goal in one or more filters?

Be sure that the "Moon Sep >" value makes sense. This is the minimum separation between the object and the moon, and if too large, it may not be able to schedule. Another thing you could try is to right-click on the project in the ACP Expert tool and open the ACP report for clues, and try the Exposure Calculator as well. Look for anything that might make this observation impossible or very difficult in one or more filters.

If you don't see an obvious problem please send a screen capture showing the ACP Expert windows with your object selected and the ACP Report on top, but not blocking the values in the table. Also send a screen capture of the Exposure Goals tab of the imaging project.
Hi,

Please try the things I suggested, report back, and send my the screen captures. This is what I need to begin to understand the problem.
Clear skies,
Greg

SkyTools Developer
(2019-11-18, 02:22 AM)theskyhound Wrote: Hi,

Please try the things I suggested, report back, and send my the screen captures. This is what I need to begin to understand the problem.

Here you go. All screenshots attached. All the steps you mentioned seem to indicate the observation itself should be possible but submitting to ACP Scheduler fails.

One more for OIII

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hello,

The one thing I notice that is very suspicious is that on the Exposure Calculator it is listing surface brightness values (over on the left under the Target) and this is an emission nebula. This is clearly wrong. I'm thinking that it may also mistakenly be using surface brightness in the calculations for ACP Expert.

This appears to be related to this thread:
https://skyhound.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=598

In the end we determined that it had to do with using a template when creating the imaging project. Did you by any chance apply a template when you created this project?
Clear skies,
Greg

SkyTools Developer
I am not sure I used a template (I don't know what they are or how to use them).

What I did was in the main window search in a catalog for objects suitable for my system. Then right click on the target and create and imaging project. Then tried to submit.
Hi,

Thanks. I'll get back to you when I figure out what went wrong. I do suspect it has something to do with the target object, so please feel free to try other targets, and please let me know if you run into problems with them as well.

FYI templates are on the Basic tab of the Imaging Project dialog and they are a way to quickly create settings for projects of the same type, so you don't have to enter the same settings over and over.
Clear skies,
Greg

SkyTools Developer