Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Total number of shots per filter
#2
Hello Paul,

You need to use the SkyTools Scheduler for that (this is its purpose). It will tell you when to start imaging in each filter, when to stop, and what the sub exposure time should be. That is expressed as the number of exposures which is what you asked about (but its really the number needed to reach the end time of the schedule).  You can print it out and enter that info into Voyager. Or just do it from the screen. But consider, those three pieces of info: start, exposure time, end, are what scheduling really is. That's why other software calls it sequencing, because it lacks the critical start and stop times that make it a schedule. There are big advantages to getting those right.

I haven't looked at Voyager in many years, but hopefully you can insert the SkyTools schedule into it. As I said, the start and end times are critical to get the most out of your imaging and they are based on the results of the model for each filter (something Voyager can't do).

I tried to work with the Voyager author to provide a way for SkyTools to send its schedule directly to Voyager, but he never seemed to understand what SkyTools did and chose to write a (minimal) scheduler himself instead, which sounds like its actually a sequencer. I asked for nothing in return, and it likely would have driven customers to his product, especially at the time because NINA hadn't yet become a thing. I had a lot more customers than he did. It was a big opportunity that he passed up. I'd bet there would be many more Voyager users today if he had.  

Anyhow, I really liked Voyager, and its unfortunate that you can't just submit your schedule to it. You might consider asking him to do that. I am happy to work with him, as its can be nothing but a win-win for both of us. Today, SkyTools already produces a file that could easily be read by Voyager.
Clear skies,
Greg
Head Dude at Skyhound
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Total number of shots per filter - by PaulS - 2026-10-01, 02:49 PM
RE: Total number of shots per filter - by theskyhound - 2026-10-03, 09:06 PM
RE: Total number of shots per filter - by PaulS - 2026-10-05, 07:13 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)